Retailers, prepare to be amazed at the new LED lighting fixtures that will allow you to communicate directly with customers through their “smart” devices. You can message them as they move through your store, or anywhere your LED lights shine.
GEtm Lighting and ByteLighttm have combined technologies to provide next generation LED light fixtures that use geolocation technology embedded within the fixtures themselves. Yes, it sounds like science fiction, but it is today’s science reality.
LED Lighting Fixtures Have Location Technology Embedded Inside
The location technology delivers indoor services to smart phones and tablets and possibly even smartwatches, too, if they are equipped with Bluetooth technology or a camera:
- The technology is embedded within each fixture and no additional equipment is required.
- Fixtures have no special installation requirements and are installed in the normal way.
- The ByteLighttm location device is powered by the fixture itself and so there are no batteries needed.
- Each fixture sends out a unique code that is recognized by the customer’s smart phone or tablet and relays the code to the “cloud,” which is then relayed back to the device with a personal message or customized information.
- The precise location of the customer can be determined within three feet of each light fixture.
- The location technology can reach all customers who connect with the service through their mobile devices.
- Customers can choose to opt in or out of the service.
- Parking lot customers can be reached, too, if your outdoor LED lighting has the location technology embedded within.
Retailers Can Personalize Shoppers by Location in Their Store
A new, personalized shopping experience awaits customers who allow their devices to be connected to these new “smart” LED lighting fixtures.
Customers can be welcomed as they approach the store or enter it, and a map can be provided to streamline shopping time. Each customer’s shopping history will be accessed to enable relevant coupons, promotions or shopping lists to be offered to the shopper.
Product information and customer reviews can be made available on the spot, and will help make brand and product choices easier and faster.
LED Lighting has been Revolutionized by this New Technology
It has been known for many years that LED lighting provides retailers with substantial savings on both electricity and maintenance costs. However, there have been improvements on all fronts.
The initial outlay of money for more expensive lamps have kept some retailers from jumping on board, even though time is running out before LED lamps become mandatory. However, as energy costs have risen over the past few years, a savings of 80% can now be realized by making the switch to LEDs, and these savings can no longer be ignored.
Early comparisons of LED lamp to incandescent lamp performance were unfavorable to LEDs, but great strides have been made over the past few years. Vastly improved manufacturing equipment, processes, and materials have resulted in significant LED visual performance, excellent light output and space savings (smaller light packages) at a lower price. Check out the new generation of LEDs and see these improvements for yourself.
With the addition of geolocation technology as an option, LED lighting fixtures have been revolutionized to provide a strategic connection to customers as well as cost savings on electricity and maintenance. Don’t miss out on these retail advantages.
Creative Commons Attribution: Permission is granted to repost this article in its entirety with credit to Retail Lighting and Design and a clickable link back to this page.